Chapter 146 - They think it's all over ...
PROGRESS Chapter 146: They Think It’s All Over…
Location – Electric Ballroom, Camden Town, London, England
Recorded date – Sunday 27th November 2022
Airdate with Demand PROGRESS - Saturday 10th November 2022
1. PROGRESS World Champion Spike Trivet vs Jonathan Gresham
2. World Famous Cheeseburger vs Man Like Dereiss
3. Rhio vs Skye Smitson
4. Anthony Ogogo & Dan Moloney vs Malik & Kosta Konstantino
5. Tom Dawkins vs Bullit
6. Chuck Mambo vs Kid Lykos – Hair vs Mask Match
7. Charles Crowley vs Elijah
8. Alexxis Falcon vs Laura Di Matteo
9. Ricky Knight Jr vs Tate Mayfairs – Natural Progression Series 8 Final
10. Big Damo & Axel Tischer vs Luke Jacobs & Leon Slater
11. PROGRESS Women’s Champion Kanji vs Lana Austin
• The Natural Progression Series 8 Final sees Tate Mayfairs meet Ricky Knight Jr. The winner gets a title shot of their choosing in the future as well as the prestige of winning the tournament. It’s been a great showing from both combatants but only one person can follow in the footsteps of previous winners such as Toni Storm, Mark Davis, and Luke Jacobs.
• Jonathan Gresham won a PROGRESS World title shot in America at “Ric Flair’s Last Match”, and he is taking his shot here against the Sovereign Lord, the Vulture, Lord Spike Trivet. Spike has been getting the upper hand recently through his nefarious ways but The Octopus Jonathan Gresham has seen all these tricks, and so will the former PROGRESS Champion make it difficult for the current one.
• Malik and Kosta were due to be facing the debuting retired English soccer player Adebayo Akinfenwa, and former Olympic boxer Anthony Ogogo. Akinfenwa is sadly out, so Anthony announced a mystery partner. Some tension has been built between these wrestlers, and the arrival of Don Moloney will not help.
• Rhio is always great in a PROGRESS ring, as her victory in Revelations of Divine Love proved and is no stranger to Skye Smitson’s heelish ways. LA Taylor of the Lana Austin Experience will be in Skye’s corner.
• Alexxis Falcon and Laura Di Matteo are two world class competitors who have a recent run of losses, so who will start their momentum and commence their climb to the top here, and could there be the start of a fairy tale ending for one.
• Another debut in a PROGRESS ring, and The World-Famous Cheeseburger graces the Electric Ballroom, and is keen to impress. On paper he’s facing a talent on a losing streak, but the enigmatic Man Like Dereiss is not to be underestimated.
• Recently seen backing up Spike Trivet, as his Dark Guardian, we now have Bullit make his PROGRESS in ring debut. His opponent is Tom Dawkins, the former Cara Noir, a man who Spike Trivet has really taken to pieces in recent months. With Spike offering up a match with himself should Tom win, this represents the chance to get things back on track for Tom.
• The stakes are very high in this one, with Kid Lykos accepting Chuck Mambo’s challenge to a Mask vs Hair match. Chuck, one half of the Sunshine Machine will be unrecognisable without his hair and Kid Lykos is solely known for his mask. This promises to be a career altering outcome for the loser.
• Charles Crowley has been driven into a pit of confusion and the formula he has come up with means this will be the end of him as the formula dictates that Elijah never loses to the same person twice. Crowley is at rock bottom, though he did beat Elijah last time they faced – so is the formula right? This should be a formality for Elijah.
• Luke Jacobs teams up with the ‘Youngest in the Room’ and 0121 member, Leon Slater, against a reunion of SAnitY in Axel Tischer and Big Damo. They get to team together for the first time here at the Electric Ballroom although this i